Security Self Serve Storage has been serving Toronto for more than 30 years and over that time we found there were some tips and tricks to making sure your move is as smooth as possible:
- Begin packing a couple weeks in advance of your move.
- When moving drawers, tape them shut.
- Use heavy duty packing tape and make sure bottoms and tops are secured.
- Separate and mark clearly fragile items and heavy items. Large Boxes for Light Weight Items and Smaller Boxes for Heavy Items.
- List the contents of each box or categorize each box for easy search and find.
- Try boxes with little variation in size because it’s easier to stack boxes the same size.
- For Large Items, make sure the edges are wrapped in a protective material.
- Store brooms, rakes, shovels, garden tools etc. in an empty garbage bin.
- Wrap Mirrors and Picture in cardboard to avoid damage.
- Wrap mirrors and pictures individually with tissue paper or packing paper.
- To conserve space (Though our lockers are large and affordable) disassemble furniture and wrap the legs together.
- Items with engines should be drained of their gasoline and oil.
- Oil bike chains and tools to protect against rust.
- Cover your mattresses with a plastic to avoid damage.
- Leave large appliances doors slightly open and make sure they are cleaned and dried.
Storage Organization Tips:
- Lay down cardboard or skids on the floor of your locker.
- Organize for space and access. Leave yourself room to move around and access your stored items.
- Create an on-going map of where everything is located and in what section of the locker. (Assuming you have a lot of things you’ll be accessing frequently)
- Stack similar boxes together.
- Keep items you will most frequently need to retrieve towards the front of the locker for ease.
Security Storage has the best storage pricing in Toronto for Storage Units and is the largest provider of all kind of storage services, storage lockers for all of your self storage needs in the GTA.